Those pineapple bowls look so cute and beautiful! Impress your family and friends with your new homemade fruit bowls! I bet they will LOVE it, especially the little ones! Is it hard to make a Pineapple bowl? Actually , it's really easy and it takes just 10 minutes!
What to serve in a pineapple bowl?
You can serve anything in it! let your imagination run wild 🙈
Fruits. I use them for serving fruits on special occasions. You can fill it with just pineapple chunks or a mix of different fruits (Fruit salad).
Main dish. One of my favorite recipes that I serve in a pineapple bowl is ( The Saffron Seafood Stew) – check it out😋-
You can serve rice, chicken, seafood, anything! Your recipe doesn’t necessarily need pineapple in it to be served in the pineapple bowls.
How to choose a nice fresh ripe Pineapple?
Picking the perfect ripe pineapple can be a bit tricky. Here are some tips to help you pick the perfect ripped pineapple:
- Color. Be sure to choose a pineapple with vibrant color and healthy leaves. Which indicates freshness!
- Texture. It should feel firm but at the time when squeezed gently you feel a small “give”.
- Smell. When you hold it close near the bottom of the fruit, you should smell the distinctive pineapple smell.
- Weight. Check the pineapple weight, if it feels a little heavy for its size then its ripped, juicier & sweeter
How to make a Pineapple Bowl?
- Get a big knife and insert it in the middle, cutting the pineapple vertically into equal halves.
- Use a Pairing knife (small pointy knife). Cut 1/2 an inch aside and 1 inch deep, making sure not to pierce all the way through the skin. So, they don’t leak!
- Slice then scoop-out the pineapple chunks in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Now from the scooped chunks, find the pineapple hardcore cut and remove.
- Remove any excess juice. Dry the pineapple, On a paper towel. Facing upside down to remove any remaining liquids.
- Now you got yourself a pineapple bowl. Enjoy!