This Mediterranean rice stuffed pumpkin is all you need to serve as a side on thanksgiving beside your turkey!😋 It’s the next level side dish you need for your next party! Delicious, easy, and quick to make. We make it every year on Thanksgiving and everyone LOVES it! Full of AMAZING Mediterranean spices🤩 and topped with toasted nuts and pomegranate, YUM!
What to serve the "Mediterranean rice stuffed Pumpkin" with?
The answer is ANYTHING!
Since it got protein “ground beef” in it, so a side of salad or Tzatziki sauce will be perfect.
This stunning dish we serve every year on thanksgiving as a side, and everyone loves it!
You can turn it into a vegetarian dish by skipping the ground beef step
What pumpkin size to use?
Any size works, It’s just the perfect party dish. I prefer making it in small pumpkins so everyone grabs his own. They also look super cute!
If small pumpkins are not available, then just get the medium pumpkin. If you don’t find smaller sizes, don’t worry I once got 1 big pumpkin and stuffed it for a party of 20 people. Just make sure you cut it into small wedges to be able to serve it.
What kind of rice to use?
You can use whatever is available. I like using jasmine rice, I like its fragment with the mix of spices used. Adding the toasted nuts and pomegranate at the end, complements the dish flavor
The Seven Spice Blend mixture lifts the flavor of the Mediterranean rice stuffed pumpkin.
If you don’t have the spice blend, don’t worry you can make your own spice mix:
- Black pepper
I get my mix from Amazon that’s the brand that I use and like, “The Seven Spice Blend”.
The Best Mediterranean Rice Stuffed Pumpkin
- ¼ pound Ground Beef
- 1 cup Rice used Jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Butter
- 3 Garlic Minced cloves
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Bay Leaves
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Seven Spice Blend
- ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup Parsley for Garnish
- ¼ cup pomegranate for Garnish
Step 1” Pumpkin”:
- Slice the top of the pumpkin and step aside. Scoop out some Flesh if needed then Scoop out the seeds.
- Preheat oven to 435°F. Now, Mix olive oil, garlic, and paprika together. Brush the inside of the pumpkin, then cover with the top. Put in the oven for 45 minutes or till fork tender.
Step 2” Ground Beef”:
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the Ground Beef then add the Seven Spice Blend, garlic, and salt. Sautee for a few minutes till the color starts changing. Sautee onions for 2 minutes, cover for 10 minutes or till cooked. Set aside
Step 3” Rice”:
- In a new pan, add olive oil and” step 2- cooked ground beef”. Add cinnamon stick, bay leaves, and rice. Stir for 2 minutes to coat the rice then add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then wait till most of the liquid is almost absorbed.
- cover and put on low heat for 12-14 minutes (till cooked)
Step 4” Nuts”:
- Add the butter and olive oil. Stir the almonds till it gets silvered for 2-3 minutes then add the raisins for 2 more minutes. Add salt, then set aside.
Step 5” Putting everything together”:
- Scoop the rice in the Pumpkins, add the nuts and pomegranate on top. Garnish with parsley, cut into wedges serve and enjoy!
I love the combination of flavors and spices. It sounds like a wonderful sweet and savory dinner.
I am glad you love it 😋
You always create beautiful dishes, and this is yet another confirmation!
thank you so much for your sweet words 😍
Cindy Mom, the Lunch Lady
This is a gorgeous presentation! The flavours in the rice are fantastic. A mix of sweet and savoury. YUM!
Thank you so much, this is one of our favorite recipes, easy to make & tastes absolutly deliciouse 🙂
I absolutly agree 😋