You will love this “Pearl Couscous Mediterranean salad with dried cranberries” recipe, it’s a family favorite. Once you try the mixture of different flavors in this salad together. This will be your favorite salad, lunch, or even light supper
Each bite of the “Pearl Couscous Mediterranean salad” is full of amazing Mediterranean flavors that will surprise your taste buds in a good way!
This is one of those recipes you will love. It’s easy, fast to make, and full of amazing Mediterranean flavors. You will find yourself making it on repeat, all year round.
It works perfect for summer day’s BBQ parties or you can serve it next to chicken, steak or fish as a delicious flavorful side
Prepare it a night before. The longer it stays in this lemony herb dressing. The tastier it is!
It works perfect for work or school lunch, even my kids love it, works perfectly for potluck parties.
What Is Pearl Couscous?
Just like “True Couscous”, It is made with semolina flour or (whole-wheat flour) and water.
The major difference is the shape, “Pearl Couscous” looks like tiny pearls and that’s how they got their name. On the other hand, “True Couscous” are irregularly shaped and much smaller.
Pearl Couscous is cooked like pasta al dente for about 8 to 10 minutes. (follow the package cooking instruction)
What ingredients do you add to the Mediterranean Pearl couscous salad?
You can substitute any of the ingredients or use the available ingredients you have on hand.
I found that this mixture of ingredients gives an amazing flavor all together.
- First, start with the pearl couscous as a base. Secondly, add Colored Peppers, kalamata olives, Feta cheese, Red Onion, Parsley, Cherry Tomato, and Artichoke. Finally, add the Chickpeas as a protein source.
- I found that adding Silvered Almonds and Dried Cranberries adds an amazing nutty and fruity flavor to this dish. (Try not to skip this part)
3. This zesty lemony herb dressing is what connects all the ingredients together. Each bite is full of amazing Mediterranean flavors that will surprise your taste buds in a good way!
The Best Pearl Couscous Mediterranean salad with Dried Cranberries
- 1 ½ cup Pearl Couscous
- 2 teaspoons Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup Colored Peppers
- ½ cup Chickpeas
- ¼ cup Red Onion
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives
- ¼ cup Feta cheese
- ¼ cup Parsley
- ½ cup Artichoke
- ¼ cup silvered Almonds in a pan, toast them in olive oil till it turns a bit golden
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add pearl couscous toast it for about 2-3 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil for about 8-10 minutes until the couscous is “al dente” (follow the package instructions). Drain the couscous and set aside till it cools.
- Add Colored peppers, Chickpeas, Red onion, Kalamata Olives, Parsley, Artichoke, Cherry tomato, Dried Cranberries, silvered almonds and Feta cheese.
- Whisk together Olive Oil, Garlic, Oregano, lemon, Salt, Black Pepper, and Mustard. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired
- Whisking vigorously allows the oil to create a thickened dressing and all the flavors blend together, creating this delicious salad dressing.
- Pour dressing over the Mediterranean Pearl couscous salad. Stir to combine and Enjoy your salad!
Store leftover Pearl Couscous Mediterranean salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Try topping it with grilled chicken or shrimp
If Pearl Couscous is not available, you can substitute with regular couscous or orzo
For a richer taste, Prepare it, and set it aside for at least 1 hour in the fridge before serving.
It’s easy to prepare a night before. It even tastes better when it stays in this lemony herb dressing and absorbs all the flavor.
It works perfect for work or school lunch and parties.