Quick & Easy “Saffron Seafood Stew”😋, Get ready to Dig in this Yummy Pineapple Bowl dish!! Colorful, vibrant & full of AMAZING flavors🍍& Takes little time to prepare. You can make it with any seafood you like or you can use a mix for an even richer flavor. This Mediterranean style seafood stew is so delicious and the pineapple twist adds a deeper flavor!
What kind of seafood to use?
The answer is ANYTHING!
You can add any type of seafood you like. you can just stick to one type of seafood or use a mix!
You can use whatever is available, but I found that this mixture of seafood makes this dish more flavorful.
Sometimes I like to add a few shrimps heads-on 🦐 when available in this stew, it makes it even more delicious.
It is the base of your dish. The combination of onion, garlic, tomato, and peppers all sautéed in olive oil. I like to add to that celery and leeks they really richen the flavor more.
I use the Sofrito in a lot of my recipes, the combination of these vegetables together is just amazing and flavorful.
This is one of the main ingredients, try not to skip it. It really makes a difference in this seafood stew flavor.
Saffron is an expensive spice, but luckily, we only need a few threads. Try to get a good quality one, don’t worry a small box will last you a long time. Just keep it in an airtight container and away from direct sun.
How To Make A Pineapple Bowl?
Those pineapple bowls look so cute and beautiful! Impress your family and friends with your new homemade fruit bowls! I bet they will LOVE it, especially the little ones!
More details here how to make a pineapple bowl
What to serve with the Saffron Seafood Stew?
You can serve it over plain jasmine rice or infused Saffron rice. Another option is to serve it with a garlicky herb toasted bread.
THE BEST SAFFRON SEAFOOD STEW
- 2 cups vegetable stock “or chicken stock”
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Colored Peppers
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ cup leeks, sliced thin
- ¼ cup celery, small cubes
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Parsley for Garnish
- ¼ cup Pineapple chunks
- 1 Whole Lemon
- ½ cup Peeled shrimp
- ½ cup Calamari, cut into rings
- ½ cup Mussels, rinsed & scrubbed
- ½ cup Clams, rinsed & scrubbed
- ½ cup Fish Fillet cubes I used Swai
- 1 tablespoon Saffron Threads
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
Step 1” Saffron”
- In a small pan, bring vegetable stock to boil then add the “Saffron”. Wait a few minutes then remove from heat and step aside.
Step 2” Seafood stew”:
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sautee onions for 2 minutes then add the celery, leeks, colored peppers & garlic. Stirring regularly.
- Add the rest of the spices: Garlic powder, Onion powder, Coriander, Paprika, Bay leaves, Black pepper, & cumin. Stir regularly
- Add the calamari, Stir regularly for 3 minutes. Add the peeled shrimp the diced tomatoes.
- Now add “step 1” – The Mixture of vegetable’s stock & Saffron”, bring to boil.
- Now arrange the remaining of the seafood. Start with mussels, fish fillet then finally add the clams. Wait a few minutes then add the heavy cream.
- Cover & Cook for 12-15 minutes or until fully cooked. Uncover then add the pineapples, wait 2-4 minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Garnish with parsley, serve with lemon wedges on the side. Serve and enjoy!
- The pineapple chunks are optional but I found that it adds a nice twist to the dish.
- You can add any type of seafood you like. you can just stick to one type of seafood or use a mix! You can use whatever is available, but I found that this mixture of seafood makes this dish more flavorful.
Cindy Mom, the Lunch Lady
This is similar to the seafood stew my Italian husband makes for Christmas Eve. I love the spices and pineapple in this one. YUM!
yes, I added a twist to it 🙈. My kids fight over the pineapple 🍍 bowl, so I only make it this way now!
Wow such a unique idea! I have never made this before, and the fact that it's in a pineapple makes me want it even more! I also love the video included -- what kind of tripod do you use for the overhead shots?
thanks, Kalin, I am glad you liked it 🤩. I got my tripod from amazon its called "K&F Concept TM2534T DSLR Camera Tripod 66 Inch"
That’s one gorgeous plate I going to make it to my family next week I think my family is going to love it
Thanks 😊 , please take a picture and tag me when you do. I love seeing remakes 🤩
Wow, what a gorgeous meal!
thank you annie 😋
Josie | The Cheetah Buzz
I never had pineapples with my seafood before and the beautiful visuals made me want to try it. Definitely pin this recipe for later xxx
I am glad you liked it, the pineapple adds a lot of flavor at the end 😋